Poker by Sportybet – Sportybet Poker
Poker is a popular multiplayer card game. There are many variations of poker with Texas Hold’em being the most popular (which you are currently playing). Cards are dealt to players from a single deck of cards.
Poker has a total of five stages (Pre-Flop, Flop, Turn, River, Reveal). A minimum of 2 players are required to start a game and a maximum of 6 players are allowed in a room.
How to Play Sportybet Poker
1. To win at poker, you either have to hold the best hand to beat the opponents at the end of the round (aka the “showdown”). In poker, you’re looking to make the best possible five-card hand. Your hand rank can range from a high card up to a Royal Flush.
You can make a hand of five cards with any combination of cards available with you and the community cards on the table. You can choose to bluff in case you do not have the best hand and force the other players to Fold.
2. Learning the basic 10-hand ranks in Poker:
– Refer to the “Hand Rank” section in the menu.
3. Joining a Game:
– Player can either join an ongoing room or a new room.
– When a new player joins an ongoing room, he/she would have the option to join the next round either by selecting “Post Blinds” or “Wait for Blinds”.
– If the “Post Blinds” option is selected, the player can start playing from the next round and his/her balance will be deducted “Big Blind” amount automatically.
– If the “Wait for Blinds” option is selected, the player can only start playing the game in a round where he/she is assigned the “Big Blind”.
– In poker, bets are placed at the beginning of the round. In Texas Hold’em, the player ‘X’ next to the Dealer typically places a Small Blind bet that’s half of the usual minimum bet, while the player ‘Y’ who is to the left of player ‘X’ places a Big Blind, which is the minimum bet in the room.
Small Blind and Big Blind are represented as ‘SB’ and ‘BB’ respectively.
– The dealer will deal 2 cards to each player. The manner of dealing would be in 2 clockwise circles.
– The dealer would then burn a card before dealing with Flop cards. Then again burn a card before dealing a Turn card. The same is repeated for the River card.
6. Bets (Check/Call/Raise/Fold):
– Every time the dealer puts out new cards, the players make a bet (starting from the person next to the dealer), with the first bet being made solely based on the two cards the players have been dealt in the first round. Betting happens in a circle.
On each of their turn, a player can:
• Place an initial bet if no one else has placed one yet.
• Opt to “Check” to avoid betting.
• Opt to “Call” to match the bet made by someone else.
• Opt to “Raise” to add more money to the betting pool. If the player opts to “Raise,” the other players will go around in a circle and choose to either “Call” the player’s new bet or fold their card for the round. As a part of the Raise action, a player can perform “All In”, in which the player will be able to bet with the entire balance he/she has left.
• Opt to “Fold” if someone else has bet and the player doesn’t want to match their bet.
After the first round of betting, the dealer will burn the top card on the deck. Then, they’ll place 3 cards face-up on the table, which is called the “Flop”. These are the community cards that every player can use to build their hand.
In total, the dealer will reveal 5 cards. The players will have 7 cards total to use to create their best hand of 5: two personal cards the player has and the five community cards on the table.
While the player’s luck can turn later on in a game, they (might) take some time to analyze the table after the “Flop” – to know if they are well-positioned to end the game with a good hand.
The dealer will burn the top card, then they’ll place 1 card face up next to the Flop. This is called the “Turn” card. The players check all of the cards on the table and the two personal cards to see if they want to bet or call or raise.
After the dealer burns the top card on the deck, they’ll place one last card face up next to the Turn card. This final card is called the “river” card.
The players check their hand and the community cards to decide on the best 5-card hand. Then they can bet or call or fold.
10. New Buy-In:
– At any point of an ongoing round, a player can click on the Buy-In button on the top left corner of the screen to do a fresh Buy-In for the next round.
– Once the player buys in for the next round he/she will be cashed out with the existing room balance at the end of the current round. The new Buy-In amount will take effect from the beginning of the next round.
– Players cannot do new Buy-In if their room balance is higher than the remaining wallet balance.
– Please note that any Buy-In amount will be blocked from using anywhere other than poker till a player cashes out and exits the game.
After each player calls or folds or bets in the last round, all remaining players will participate in the “showdown.” Starting from the left of the dealer, all players involved will reveal their cards face up.
Then, everyone looks at the turned-over hands to see who has the highest ranked hand/s to win the entire pot (refer to “Learning the Basics” section above to know more about the highest ranked hand).• In case of a tie, the tied players split the pot.
• If a player folds his/her hand, then he/she doesn’t have to reveal their cards.
12. Side pots:
In case a player wants to go All In and their bet amount is less than everyone else’s bet amount, a side pot is created with all excess bet amounts being trimmed off. The excess bet amount is placed in another pot for the other players for further betting.
In case of a similar hand rank, the pot is split amongst the players (there can be more than 2 winners in such a scenario).
Players will be automatically disconnected from the ongoing round if –
– The player is inactive/does not take an action for 3 consecutive turns.
– The player is alone in the room for three minutes.
– The player’s room balance is zero and they do not Buy-In within the next three minutes.
15. Abbreviations to Know:
– SB: Small Blind
– BB: Big Blind
– UTG: Under The Gun (Player after Big Blind)
– BTN: Button (Dealer)